225 Years and still Innovating!
Over 225 years Hainsworth has developed a deeper understanding of the world of woollen textiles, more so than any other company in the market place today.
With a fully integrated, vertical textile mill, Hainsworth carries out every process from the selection of raw wool to finished cloth in-house. Our expertise is in selecting the appropriate ingredients to use in our fully equipped mill, which includes our own spinning, weaving, dyeing and finishing, printing and fabric conversion machinery. This, combined with our UKAS accredited testing laboratory No. 4112, gives Hainsworth its unique competitive edge.
Wool is a unique natural fibre with endless possibilities. As a multifunctional, non-flammable, absorbent and insulating material, wool was the foundation of our business and is still at the heart of our product research and development. It continues to allow Hainsworth to push the boundaries of wool, and wool combined with other fibres, to meet specific customer needs and challenges.
Our challenge was to integrate the traditional qualities of craftsmanship with cutting edge innovation and product development. From the initial concept and design process right through to manufacture, we wanted to take the traditional values of a conventional coffin and add a unique contemporary twist. Meeting these specialist textile demands requires a high level of experience and expertise in the manufacture of textiles. Hainsworth has used its skills and experience, combined with an inherent understanding of how wool can be used, to create a unique range of woollen coffins which give an overall feeling of softness and comfort.
Using a combination of recycled cardboard and strong natural jute support straps, which run all the way under the base, the Hainsworth Coffin combines excellent accredited weight bearing with a lighter weight coffin option. The use of strengthened ends panels ensures our coffins are suitable for all types of crematorium equipment - both automatic and hand charging.
The key factors of the Natural Legacy by Hainsworth woollen coffin range are: -
* The woollen coffin is fully biodegradable. It is made from 100% pure new wool, recycled cardboard and organic cotton.
* The woollen coffin is light in weight and therefore easier to carry.
* They are aesthetically pleasing offering a more gentle and comforting look to the more traditional wooden coffin.
* They are soft to touch and offer an alternative to the Funeral market
* They are very strong and have been independently tested for up to 42 stone - 270 kilos (test certificate available).
* Carefully selected materials mean low emission levels when used in cremation (test certificate available).
* They are suitable for all types of crematorium equipment - both automatic and hand charging.
* They are unique - there is no other coffin in the world the same as the Woollen Coffin (Patent Pending)
* The children coffin range is particularly welcome to the coffin market. At the moment the range of child coffins available is very small - and what is out there looks very unattractive and cold. The woollen coffin gives a whole new option to the families. With the inclusion of the soft wool blanket in all of the child coffins and the very soft feel of the woollen coffin, it is the natural and clear choice of the bereaved family.
* Hainsworth have committed to using British wool to support British farmers and each coffin uses 3 special fine Down type fleeces.
The resulting design evolved over several months of market research and development and we believe we have achieved a unique coffin that is functional but offers a real alternative to the families not only from an environmental aspect but as a warm and comforting alternative to the traditional coffin.